After completion of this intensive 4-day crash course, the professional is capable of using MSK ultrasound in clinical practice. In this blended-learning course, participants will learn how to scan extra-articular soft tissues of the extremity joints. Steo-by-step we will guide you through the anatomy, sonoanatomy, standardized scan protocols and pathologies of the musculoskeletal system.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Understanding the concept of ultrasound.
- What is the normal ultrasound appearance of extra articular soft tissues such as muscles, tendons, ligaments, bursa's, joints and nerves.
- Learning how to use the ultrasound system.
- Understanding the 3D functional anatomy of all extremity joints.
- Being able to scan all SonoSkills extremity joint protocols in a standardized and repeatable way.
- Being able to identify common pathology in MSK ultrasound.
- Correctly working with the toolcard for qualitative scanning and pathology recognition.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Radiologists, rheumatologists, sports physicians, general practitioners, physiotherapists and all other primary and secondary healthcare professionals interested in improving their diagnostic capabilities and insight in treating dysfunctions of the musculoskeletal system.
This intensive 4-day crash course is designed for international attendees. On Thursday and Friday we'll cover the upper extremity. On Saturday and Sunday participants have free time, a great opportunity to visit Amsterdam and its surroundings. On Monday and Tuesday we will cover the lower extremity.